Speculator is distinguished by a balanced yet complex spice character with the alcohol not dominating the taste. During the brewing a 'bouquet' of various herbs and spices is added and this gives the beer its unique taste. Although the name suggests in the Netherlands a typical December beer, it is an all season one, which we however continue to produce limited. For lovers of spicy beers, this 'liquid gingerbread' is an absolute must and gives you a true taste sensation.
- Commodities: Water, Munich-, Crystal-, Pils- and Special "B" malt, Saaz hop, Spices and Yeast.
- Aroma fragrance: spicy, fragrance malty, fruity.
- Main links: malt, sweet, caramel, spices (cinnamon and cloves).
- Mouth Feeling: fairly full, sticky.
- Aftertaste: spicy, bitter, sweet.
- Fermentation: Top fermentation, not pasteurized and secondary fermentation in the bottle.
- Alc. 8,0% Vol. / Extract: 18° Plato
- Color: ~75 EBC. / Bitterness: ~26 EBU.